What is a Virtual Server and Do I need one?
A ‘virtual server’ is a web server that shares computer resources with other virtual servers. The ‘virtual’ part simply means that it is not a dedicated server. A large server is segmented into many virtual servers.
- You purchase a set number of allocated resources dedicated just for you, or a set amount of disk space and memory, and can manage it yourself without the assistance of an administrator.
- You have control as though you had your own dedicated server, but without the high setup fees, investment in equipment, and ongoing costs of maintaining your own equipment.
- Since you're in control of the server, you are also responsible for all installation, maintenance, security and updates.
We stand by the quality of our equipment, support, and service, and we are not a reseller. We host our clients on multiple web servers from our multiple high speed connections to the Internet. Our knowledgeable staff is dedicated to creating a long-lasting relationship with our clients.
- You have full root access to your server that gives you the ability to install and configure any programs you want.
- You can host an unlimited number of websites.
- You can use the server for backup, file storage, or anything you need.
- You have your own dedicated IP address(es) with reverse DNS.
- WorldSpice will manage the host server. You will never need to worry about fixing network problems or faulty hardware.
Do you need one?
If you desire to manage your server independently, then each website behaves as if it is being served by a dedicated server. This option is a very popular way to get low cost web hosting services. Call a sales consultant to discuss today - (901) 843-9300.